Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lazy, Sunless, Saturdays

Ok, Mr. Crossley, I will write something. Shaysus!

I really dont have a topic today. The last couple of weeks went from crazy busy, to a full on HALT. Culminating the academic year, we have an event that monopolized my time from December until June 3, not to mention seven other events that I had to organize and execute during that time. They are all quite large, 150- 200 people, but the final event brings in 600 people. I had also volunteered to organize a couple of charity events on the side during this time. Needless to say, I have a few more, well earned, gray hairs on my head.

After June 6, I had NOTHING, ZIP, ZERO on my plate, and 275 vacation hours(!).

Needless to say, I have been taking it easy, well as easy as someone who got herself into a pickle and found herself the apple of an internet crazy's eye. Me and my big ass mouth. It's been getting me into the piss for over 20 years! During this down time, I have achieved very little. Some new web design for work, coordinating some meetings for the end of July, lots of walks with the dog, time by the pool, accounting, spread sheet making, step-parenting, wife-ing, fasting, cleaning, yoga-ing... OH, and internet drama-ing.

Did I mention that some guy accused me, (just me!) of being a vast network of internet trolls after I let him know I thought he was an asshole of epic proportions? YEAH! YAY! He even threatened to have me fired for being on the internet during work hours (though I'm not really working right now, well, at least not on the clock, just wirelessly). Yeah! He then threatened to have me sent to PRISON!! for tweeting things I never twatted! YUP! He has screenshots, y'all! Then Mother Theresa sent him an email about how he is a much better person than me. I am just a sad, ugly, lonely, bully who is "broken" and he needs to take pity on me. What a relief!

The lesson I learned? Some things are better left said behind someone's back, rather than to their face. I also made some new e-pals and e-haterz (thanks for the blog hits!). Also, people are attracted to drama (myself included) like flies on shit, and that it is probably a waste of my time to entertain the mentally imbalanced of the e-world.

So Mr. Crossley, to better spend my time, I want you to give me a topic... Any topic to write about. I feel rusty in the prose area, as my snark muscles are bulging like a steroid ridden, body builder.

Help me Obi-Wan. You are my only hope.

3 comments:

  1. I highly doubt that I am your only hope. But I'm up for the challenge.

    Messy breakups. Failed relationships. Sexual fumblings. Those are all topics I like to cover, but might fall into your dreaded "TMI" category.
    I find that your humor & snark are your most poignant talents to convey what you are trying to say, and I think it would be fun to read some.
    Still... there's always the Sub Galley/Vine St. stuff(didn't you guys just have a reunion of some sort?) Talk about that, how everyone has changed over the past 2 decades.
    Or write about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made a lot of mistakes and have broken a lot of hearts, but I am no where near letting the internet be privy to those failed relationships. Not because I am too proud to highlight my flaws, but I doubt the other people, or more importantly, person, would appreciate that very difficult time period being rehashed so many years later. Also, I think my Honey wouldn't appreciate the stroll down bad memory lane.

    I will take the Short Vine challenge for $1000, Tribeck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. I look forward to reading it.
    Hope you don't mind if I add my URL here so maybe we can share some readers.
    http://deadlettersblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete