Monday, January 26, 2009

Another Year Goes By.

Today is the dreaded day. The day where I reflect on my mortality and the predicted 12 inches of snow that has historically canceled the majority of belabored celebrations my mother had planned to commemorate the day of my birth......

That's right....

Happy Birthday to me.

I hate my birthday.

But I love calls from my mom and dad... Funny emails from my brother, and sweet ones from my sister.... As well as, well wishes from my friends, a homemade birthday cake from my honey and the kids, a surprise birthday dinner at my favorite steakhouse, that is a birthday institution in my family... (We all celebrated important milestone birthdays there, needless to say, it was a big deal to go to the Pine Club), coordinated by My Little Honey, with my best friend and her husband in tow.....

Hey, maybe the tides are changing and maybe I kind of like my birthday?

huh.... Who would have thought?

I am very thankful for my family, my friends, the love of my life, my community, my job and my health....

Happy Birthday to me.

2 comments:

  1. another year at ponderosa? remember when the dc sniper shot that dude at a ponderosa? that must have been a great way to go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, thanks for the insightful waste of bandwidth.

    ReplyDelete