Friday, January 30, 2009

Snowed In Cotton Head

After celebrating my 33rd birthday at the beginning of the week, white death reigned down upon us with a vengeance. In the course of 24 hours, we received 7 inches of snow, topped with 2 inches of ice, and then topped with another 3 inches of snow; causing my place of business, my Little Honey's place of business, and the chillun's school to shut down for a few days.

After four snow days, I think I am ready to punch Mother Nature in her crotch..... Especially since she plans on dumping another four inches of snow upon us this evening. It's ridiculous. This is not Alaska, or Wisconsin, or Minnesota. This is Southwestern O H I O. Typically we get weather like this, it sticks around for two days and then the temperatures sky rocket into the 60's and everything melts.

THAT IS OUR ROUTINE, LADY. Stop messing with my ju ju, for the love of all that is holy.

After being stuck in this house for a few days, I think that the Mr and I are in need of a break from one another. As I sit here and type this, I can hear him sighing and saying "Type loud enough?", which only inspires me to bang on these keys a little harder, because, you know, REALLY? REALLY? Luckily we have only had the kids two of these four days. They were with their mom for the first two, thank Maude, or else I would have really come undone at this point.

But trying to come up with ways to keep from killing each other, as well as not perishing from boredom is quite trying. Luckily the oldest son enjoys making lists and schedules, so he took an hour out of the day planning the first four hours of the day, and will commence on finishing the schedule after lunch time, which will hopefully take another hour.... One more hour closer to bed time, is an hour that I can appreciate.

On days like today, after a week of arts and crafts out the wazzoo, reading hours that last for days, cleaning the house until a hole is almost worn into the wood floors, how do parents keep their kids from too many hours of video games and TV? Seriously? I am ready to plop them in front of the tube, and say "HAVE AT IT KIDDIOS! We can only go sledding for so long, so very many times."

I know a lot of people think that being snowed in is romantic and cozy.

It just isn't.

It's claustrophobic and annoying.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Spring? Where art thou, oh precious spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment